Sometimes, I really miss having friends. But other times, not so much. Friends can betray you, talk shit about you behind your back, and turn people against you. That has been my experience and that's why I'm constantly distancing myself from them. Everyone's two-faced.
I used to have this friend named Sierra who lived down the street from my parent's house. She was actually my only friend who lived close by (all of my other friends lived downtown, at least 20 minutes away). We had gone to high school together, but we never really hung out outside of school until about a year or two after I had graduated from our high school. She's pretty much just like every average girl; she talks crap about people, but is nice to their face. Let's face it: we're all like that. Don't deny it.
But what makes Sierra unique, is that she always tries to go back on her shit-talking. For example, one time we were talking about our friend Susan. Well, I wouldn't really call Susan a friend, but whatever. We went to high school with her, and she was a nice girl, but she would cry over EVERYTHING. Back when I had a MySpace, I would read her blogs on there, and they were all about how nobody loves her and her life sucks and she's so stressed out over something so trivial, etc, etc. She would also publicly talk shit about her friends, who would then stop being her friend for a few days before they made up. It was absolutely ridiculous. So one day, Sierra and I were talking about how annoyingly emotional Susan is. Then suddenly, I guess Sierra realized that she was talking shit and didn't want to sound like she was, so she did a 180 in the middle of our conversation. "Susan's so nice, we should hang out with her sometime!"
It was really random and it pretty much threw me off. Um, what? It almost seemed like she was trying to make me sound like a bitch while she looked like the nice one. Something similar happened on my Facebook a while back. I posted a status update about how I found out that my ex-boyfriend was working at McDonalds, and had a smart-ass comment to go with it. She replied with something really lame, "A job is a job. People should be grateful just to have one." Wow, way to be a party pooper. That was actually the day that I deleted my Facebook because I was so sick of stupid feel-good comments like that.
On the other hand, Sierra would never have a problem talking crap about other people. She talked shit about her first boyfriend, who apparently gave her HPV when she was only fourteen. She also talked shit about a girl who she referred to as "Geometry Girl" because of the way she would cut her shirts. Oh, and we can't forget her Mexican friend Maria... She would talk endless crap about her, too. I don't know, maybe Sierra just tries to be selective about who she talks shit about, whether or not her own thoughts disagree.
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment