Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Movies. And A Rant.

I've been watching quite a few movies lately. Pan's Labyrinth was awesome, but I think I mentioned that in my previous post. I also watched Perfect Stranger, Red Eye, Don't Be A Menace, Adventureland, Sicko, Gran Torino, and Dead Silence.

Perfect Stranger and Red Eye were both really awesome suspense films, and Perfect Stranger had an awesome twist ending. Red Eye was pretty short, though. I'm pretty sure it was only like, an hour and a twenty minutes long. Still great, though. Adventureland was okay... I'm not really into romantic comedies and I absolutely hate Kristen Stuart, but it had its moments. Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood was sort of funny, but sort of boring/lame, like most of their movies are. I had actually already seen that movie once before, just not all the way through.

Sicko totally makes me want to move to France. All hospital visit are completely free, college education is free, and you get unlimited sick days and five weeks (minimum) of paid vacation. That sounds like the life for me! Maternity leave is also really long, and there are nannies that will take care of your kids/house for free twice per week if you have a baby!

Dead Silence scared the shit out of me and Will. We're terrified of dolls/dummies anyway, so that didn't help. Seriously, that movie wasn't that great because the plot was really corny (sort of reminded me of the 2005 Boogeyman movie), but it scared the shit out of me. Gran Torino was one of the best movies that I've seen. I highly recommend it.

I know this really annoying girl who has a blog where she posts her movie reviews... At first I thought they were pretty funny, but then they got really annoying. Kind of like her personality. She's one of the many, many friends of mine who has a kid. A one-year-old daughter. She also lies through her teeth about how wonderful her life is, when she really doesn't think so. For example, the last time I spoke to her (which was about a month ago or longer), she spoon-fed me some bullshit about how she lives in this giant house with her roommates, and she gets her own bathroom, master bedroom (lol), and laundry room. I call bullshit. That girl is completely full of it. She's upset because she gained a lot of weight from her baby, the father left her (twice), and she's constantly moving cities and changing jobs and roommates because she can never stick to one place. Ever. She's actually been in her current location for a decent amount of time, but I know it's not going to last. It never does.

I don't really have much else to talk about. All I've been doing lately is watching movies and doing homework... Ugh. I'm totally not looking forward to next week because of all the upcoming quizzes and tests. I even have a mid-term a week from tomorrow... Lucky me.

So many of my old friends basically do nothing but drink and party when they're not working. Or, if they don't have jobs, it's all they ever do. I'm glad I got out of that scene after I moved away from Summerlin. I have this group of friends who go out to this certain gay bar every single Wednesday night, because that's goth night there. I went there for a while, but certainly not every Wednesday. Then I got bored of it because I realized that they played the same songs over and over, bar drinks aren't cheap, and a lot of the goth kids there look and act like teenagers. As they get wasted and end up making stupid mistakes by the end of the night, I'm happy knowing that I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment