Hey Creepy Online People (just kidding), my name's Katie. Not Katherine... Just Katie. It even says that on my birth certificate. My mom hated the full name, and I don't blame her. It sounds incredibly old fashioned and plain. Then again, Katie isn't exactly a unique name. Oh well.
I guess we should get down to the basics. I'm a 22-year-old business student living in Eastland Heights. That's an area of Las Vegas, in case you didn't know. I'm actually from Summerlin (also in Vegas), but I recently moved to Eastland Heights to live with my boyfriend. Besides that, I lived in Summerlin for my entire life. That means I grew up and went to school with all the same people, most of whom turned out really fucked up. In other words, I don't mind being a little further from the people I used to know.
Let me give you an example of someone in my life who turned out... well, trashy, I guess. She was actually my first best friend. We met when I was in the first grade, and she was in the second. I was the only one who would be her friend because she smelled bad. Why did she smell bad? Because everyone in her family smoked, so her clothes and hair smelled like smoke. I didn't mind. It's just something you get used to, like a person's accent or whatever. Anyway, we were basically attached at the hip, but she had to move away.
I was pretty much a loner after that. I had no friends, and nobody to talk to. That is, until second grade came around (which seemed like ages even though it had to have been less than a year). Kelsey moved back (that's her name, duh). I was ecstatic. After that, we would hang out all the time, just like we used to. The thing was, she lived in a broken down trailer with her family, and my mom never approved. Her home life was definitely a foreshadowing of what would happen to her, but I was too young to understand any of that. Apparently her dad was in jail, her aunt lived in a bus, her mom was trashy and could never afford to live in the same place for long, and her brother and sister both had violent tendencies.
About a year ago, she found me on MySpace. Turns out, she had met the love of her life when she was only fifteen. Apparently the guy was twenty-two at the time. Now she's twenty-three, but they're still together and they have two kids. I think it's a little fucked up, but whatever. I think the daughter is like, eight years old. Which is weird. The daughter isn't her's, though, it's the dad's... from a previous relationship. Just... weird. Anyway, I deleted my MySpace about six months ago when I moved, so I haven't really heard from her at all. I don't really care to.
That's just one example of one of the people in my life who turned AWOL, or whatever you want to call it. I don't want to associate myself with people who have kids. I just don't. And it really fucking sucks, because I have like, four pregnant friends right now. Three of which were my best friends at different points in my life. Why do I befriend such trashy people? I know that sounds kind of fucked up and judgmental of me, but whatever. I'm twenty-two years old, and I've never had a desire to get pregnant, EVER. I don't think I'll ever have kids. I couldn't deal with them.
I'm in a pretty weird mood right now, so I might update again later, I might not. I still have some homework I have to take care of at some point tonight.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment