Friday, October 16, 2009

Party Tonight!

It feels it it's been ages since I wrote in here! I've been extremely busy because I'm taking 26 credits at school. I'm actually going to two schools right now, so it's pretty confusing. I'm taking five online classes through the local community college, but I'm also taking three on-campus courses at the local university. I know it sounds like I'm insane, but so far, I haven't slipped up too bad in any of my classes. I'm keeping up just as I would if I were taking less classes. In fact, most of my online classes are insanely easy and don't take very long to do at all. Well, except U.S. History. In fact, I'm just now finishing up a book review for that class that's due at midnight tonight. But I have to finish it up now because tonight at 8, I'm going to a party!

It's going to be the first party I've been to in ages. It's actually my friend Amanda's mom's birthday party, Kristen. I'm good friends with Amanda and her younger sister, Lee. But I think I've only seen Amanda and Lee maybe once or twice since I moved east, so this is pretty exciting. There's going to be tons of food there, too, because Kristen is an amazing cook. I'm obsessed with her salsa and pica de gayo! If I even spelled that right. I probably didn't.

I haven't been watching many movies lately, but I did start reading Animorphs online! That was my favorite book series when I was in 4th grade... I kept up with the series for a long time, but I wore out of it sometime during middle school. I think I stopped about six books before the series ended. So now Will and I are re-reading the series! We're only on book eight right now, mostly because I'm so busy with homework all the time. Actually, I accidentally spent an entire day reading the books, so it put me wayyy far behind on my school work.

Yesterday in particular, was pretty bad. I had to wake up at 7am so that I could finish reading this book (the one I'm writing a book review about). I had to stop reading at 10, though, so I could get ready for school. I only had about 15 more pages to read, and I was trying to finish reading it in my Marketing class, but the girl next to me wouldn't stop talking! She was telling me about how she gets to study abroad next year. Like I care. Then I finally got to finish the book after class, and I had to start on this HUGE U.S. History assignment. It took me forever. Then I had to meet up with my group, because we have a presentation on Thursday. The meeting was very short, though. After that, I had to drive to my parent's house to get some money from my dad. He gives money for gas each week. Then I had to go the bank and deposit some cash and a check I received from my community college (I dropped a class there; it's a long story). Then I finally got back to school, just in time to finish my U.S. History assignment as well as some participation assignments for my other online classes.

I decided that I couldn't go to my evening class last night, because I had a huge quiz to do online. Everyone said it took them 3-5 hours to finish, and if I waited until I got out of my evening class, I would only have two hours to do it because the quiz would close at midnight. So I got home and immediately started on the quiz... I ended up getting an 82%, which I'm not happy with. It brought my grade down to a very low A-. Oh, and I still have a huge mid-term to take on Sunday. My life is awesome, right?

It's so weird, because since I moved over six months ago, nobody really ever calls or texts me. But last night my friend Leisha texted me asking me if I wanted to do a modeling job with her, then Amanda texted to remind me about her party, then in the middle of the night my old friend Rachelle texted me about some drama that was going on with her mom... It was crazy! This morning Lee also texted me about the party.

Then this creepy guy named Ken (I modeled for him a few times in the summer of 2008 and once again about a month or two ago) texted me to ask me if I was still coming to his birthday party tomorrow... The thing is, his "birthday party" is really just going to be a stupid get-together at a bar. Not interseted, because I don't have money to spend on booze! Besides, who celebrates their birthday at a bar? Unless you're turning 21 for the first time, obviously. This guy is in his 30s, I think, and besides modeling for him a total of three times, I have no connection with the guy. My friends who have met him agree that he's creepy and weird. I can't imagine going to this bar and hanging out with a bunch of guys in their 30s... It just doesn't sound right. At all. Plus you know, the bartenders are going to think it's weird, too.

After that, Amanda called me and we talked for about 20 minutes. Then my mom called... Apparently my dad is giving away his home entertainment center, but in order to pick it up, I would need to get a pick-up truck. So that's probably not happening. Then the clinic called to remind me about my appointment on Tuesday. And yes, this all happend one right after the other. My phone is dying.

Oh yeah, and Will texted me to inform me that he left his backpack at home... I don't understand how you could forget your backpack when you're going to school! Anyway, for now I'm just waiting for him to get home, and obviously procrastinating on my book review. Seriously, I'm so close to being done, yet I'm so lazy! All I have to do is go back and cite my sources and everything, but I really don't feel like it. I'm getting hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment